Nowadays, many Bank Customers have been receiving mail for authentication of their bank loans on NeSL (or National e-Governance Services Limited)
Different type of loans like Mortgage Loan, Vehicle Loans, Housing Loan, etc. are required to be authenticated on NeSL as per the provisions of the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code (IBC), 2016 and Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) Regulations, 2017.
As per law, the information furnished by one of the parties to the debt needs to be verified and authenticated by all other connected parties. This authentication can be done electronically by affixing digital signature to the information using DSC or Aadhaar e-Sign.
NESL authentication is not for individual, but for HUF, Partnership Firm, Society, Proprietor, Society, Trust, Public Sector Bank, Club.
HOW TO VERIFY AND AUTHENTICATE THE INFORMATION ON NESL.
- Go the website: - https://iu.nesl.co.in/NESL_Portal/login.html
- Login to the NeSL IU portal using credentials provided to you or register yourself with Aadhar and OTP (In case, user is not already registered)
- In case of new user, first register as a one-time process to receive your login credentials.
- Provide all the details asked there in for registration
- Post successful validation, an SMS or Email (of Login Credentials) will be sent on the registered Mobile Number and Email ID,
- After logging to NeSL IU portal with correct credentials, you can view the entire submitted information under menu option Authentication.
- In case you find that entire information furnished is correct, then confirm and accept the same by clicking the ‘Authenticate’ button.
- In case you find any discrepancy or have any dispute about any of the information, then please select dispute checkbox and you need to clarify the reasons for such disputes by writing reasonable remarks in the space allotted, and click ‘Authenticate’ button.
- Then you click ‘Authenticate’ you will be prompted to electronically sign the information by affixing digital signature with your DSC or Aadhaar e-Sign.
What is information Utility?
Information Utility is a professional organization, that collects financial information, and get the same authenticated by other parties connected to the debt. It also stores the same information and provide access to the Resolution Professionals, Creditors and other stake holders in the Insolvency Resolution Process. It helps the stake holders in making decisions based on the same information.
The New Law IBC, 2016 creates a new institutional structure, by setting up of Information Utility Companies. It will store all the credit information of Corporates/entities/persons. The Certificate & data furnished by Information Utilities, being the evidence can be accepted by NCLT/DRTs.
As this code aims to resolve the insolvencies in a time bound manner, this information utility set-up is expected to contribute significantly for reduction of NPAs in banking sector.
What is the role of information Utilities?
The information utilities act as a regulated information agency in acceptance, electronically record, get authentication, maintain and provide access to financial information to the persons as may be specified in the IBC Act, 2016 e.g., creditors, Adjudicating Authority and other persons having interest in the information.
What is financial information?
Financial information in relation to a person, means, one or more of the following categories of information, being records of the debt of the person; of the liabilities when the person is solvent; of assets of person over which security interest has been created; of instances of default by the person against any debt; the balance sheet and cash flow statements of the person; and such other information as may be specified.
Who can submit the information to an IU?
Any party connected to a Debt, as Creditor (Either Financial Creditor or Operational Creditor); Debtor (or his authorized representative like Auditor); Co-Applicant, Co-borrower, Guarantor can furnish the information to an IU.
For any clarification and support, Contact Customer Care Number or Toll-free Number 18005992345 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org